Nuevo post de Christian Manrique Valdor
Desconfianza mutua entre rusos y americanos
Si bien la devoción que existe entre el presidente de la Federación Rusa, Vladimir Putin, y el presidente de los Estados Unidos, Donald Trump, es notable; la desconfianza entre ciudadanos rusos y estadounidenses es mutua. Mientras sus líderes consideran una prioridad recuperar y consolidar unas relaciones hasta ahora difusas y ambiguas, la opinión social va por otros derroteros, aunque creen que las relaciones entre ambos países mejorarán. Más allá de las opiniones, Rusia se beneficiaría de las nuevas políticas americanas.
Leer más »
Extreme markets segments era
Market polarization as a trend is not new. On the contrary, it has been going on for the last years. What it is happening, maybe, due to fast changes taking place, is that has been unnoticed for some, while for others has become something normality.
Leer más »
Economic growth models always go through cyclic and anticyclic processes. Somehow, it is like test they take and results will depend upon their stability and resistance.
In any case, manpower takes most of the damage while these processes are on and consequences are usually devastating. Unemployment increases and a part of the population is put aside because it has specialized in an obsolete model that will never come back. This population group must reinvent itself.
Leer más »
New industrial revolution, known as the fourth industrial revolution, implies a set of important factors deeply concerning current social system.
Previous industrial revolutions transformed all productive sectors, which came along with migration from towns to cities and to industrial areas. In those places, machines took over manual worker. Currently there is a new component that is growing unstoppable: technology.
Leer más »
Both of them, with different goals but with a common artistic gift for gastronomy, have made a revolution. One has contributed to create a brand: Peru. The other has spread a healthier food style transforming cooking into a lever with a social effect. In both cases, technology, innovation and education are the columns in which their movements are built on.
Leer más »
Sociologists classify in three generations the ones that today share the same world and structure society and enterprises: Baby Boomers, X Generation and Y Generation. The three of them come from different education backgrounds and have lived different historic periods. The most different aspect among them is their unique approach to technology.
Leer más »
The 20 most important questions that any presidential candidate should answer:
- Explain with only a word your productive model proposal.
- Point out the main drivers of your economic proposal and the reasons why you have selected them and why others have been rejected.
- Give the fundamentals for your Spanish energy scheme, parts and how you would consider sustainable energies.
- Which would your current and future -next four years- SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) matrix be for Spain.
- How would you determine the competitive advantages for Spain that will become its competitive advantage?
- Towards which region in the world would you turn Spanish international economic relations to?
- Which are your education model key points and which are the differential factors compared to other countries within its zone of influence?
- How would you face in short, medium and long term the aging population problem and what’s your plan for a sustainable welfare system?
- Which sanitary management models currently applied from around the world you know? Which could be the most suitable for Spain without clashing with the one given today to Spaniards?
- Which are the top ten public policies you would implement within your firs year on office, how would you finance them and which measurable outcome do you expect?
- In case any of these public policies fails, what would your alternative plan be?
- What is your Government plan to put Spain among the top innovative countries?
- How are you going to make Spain a more suitable place for entrepreneurs? Do your proposals come from any specific success case or they have been thought specifically for the Spanish reality?
- How is your Government action going to push all the different Spanish economic sectors to become technology leaders?
- How are you going to turn Spain into an English bilingual country, or at least to have proficiency speakers, and how long is it going to take?
- How are you going to make the technological revolution a lever for equal opportunities and to avoid it to become an inequality and a social gap factor?
- What’s your agenda for adapting current laws to the digital revolution?
- What are talent recirculating policies about and give the main ideas to implement it within education and professional areas from an international perspective?
- How are Spanish students and professionals going to acquire experience abroad and how have you thought about returning all this talent and knowledge back to our country?
- What are your top ten measurable goals that in case of not acquiring them will imply a failure as a politician and as President of Spain?
A new citizen, sophisticated and demanding
In one of the last posts, technology was spotted as a driver for social, economic, political, legal and environmental change.
Technology, as a tool to improve efficiency and competitiveness, can be regarded as an economic lever, responsible for 25% of GDP growth.
Avoiding to adapt to this new reality is not, therefore, an option. Due to its huge impact, the outcome is that citizen, client or consumer, becomes the center of everything instead of the product.
Current citizen’s profile has evolved in different areas in how she/he communicates, socializes or builds up an identity. This new citizen gets information through multichannel platforms, assuming a key role in debates and having an opinion about matters in which he/she might be interested. Her/his voice, amplified and critical, demands quick and quality answers, in a more sophisticated way.
This new situation rises a challenge as a new paradigm: the business management of the citizen in his/her role as client in the technological environment.
Leer más »
Analysing competitiveness key factors becomes essential to successfully tackle the present and future economic environment. This has been so far the goal pursued in several previous articles in this blog.
The most relevant factor to take into consideration in order to become competitive and play the field in big markets was a complex operation.
Coming up with it involved dissecting the list of countries by R+D investment rating and establishing a difference between this indicator and the set of variables that determine the innovative character of a country.
This factor will conclude, in terms of international competitive relevance, which countries lie at the forefront of international influence and which must face difficulties and limitations for being placed right behind or even farther.
So, taking these elements into consideration, current global economic power epicentre is being moved towards the East by new prominent areas specialized in trading goods, along with countries from other parts of the world like the USA.
Leer más »
En la actualidad, la población mundial alcanza los 7.200 millones de personas. En el año 2030 se llegará hasta los 8.000 millones. Y en el 2050, la cifra será 9.200 millones.
Este fenómeno de crecimiento, que se enmarca en el tránsito de la era industrial a la era digital, viene acompañado por otro que será la clave para el desarrollo de la humanidad y del desarrollo económico: la tendencia de la urbanización. Todo el incremento futuro de la población mundial tenderá a asentarse en las áreas urbanas, manteniéndose más o menos constante la población rural.
Actualmente, a nivel mundial, la población urbana supone poco más del 50%. En el año 2050 se espera que el 63% de la población mundial habite en las ciudades.
Este nuevo escenario va a significar que cualquier desarrollo y planificación tenga como puntos centrales los siguientes:
– Integración económica: infraestructuras y servicios productivos (red de carreteras, red servicios y red de transporte público) que fomenten la inversión y la generación de empleo.
– Integración social: planificación social y política que reduzca la brechas sociales.
– Integración medioambiental: prevención para la reducción de la huella ecológica y planificación de resiliencia.
Todos los planos tiene como eje transversal la sostenibilidad. Pero la idea de sostenibilidad tal y como la conocemos no será suficiente. Ha de ser una sostenibilidad inteligente: infraestructuras inteligentes. ¿Cómo lo podemos alcanzar?
Leer más »